Naveluce [9.0/10]

|




http://www.acornrack.com/Naveluce/


The next site on the list will sure give you a reason for your ship to set sail because it's a Pirate RP! Okay, I suppose it's REALLY "nautical" and "fantasy" RP but I like pirates so... yarr... but anyway the site that I'm reviewing today is called Naveluce!

The AD of course is well written, especially because there is the mention of a floating pirate city! I suppose a reliable mail service would be difficult and whomever got that route really drew the short straw. Don your eye-patch mateys, turn the wheel hard to starboard and head straight onto the second star until morning! (Ahh, wait that was Peter Pan....)

First Impression:
Gondoliers, on my signal commence invasion! I have no major problems with the layout, although the picture edging the top of my window sometimes makes me think I'm not scrolled up all the way.

The Public Area:
The Front page is essentially the bulk of the AD but it's written well enough that I don't mind it, (Floating Pirate City... remember?) and it gets you into a chantey mood.

The About Page, is basically everything and anything you need to know. Descriptions of the nationalities, pirates, ship crews, professions.. it's all here! Of course there are hotlinks to each individual section if you want to read individual parts and the "return to top" links as well. Just wanted to point on the amount of detail that the site goes through to create the feel and the world of the site as a whole. I myself didn't realize how finely detailed and well thought out the whole thing was.

The best way I can describe it is like a Documentary film, you see everything and you go "Well yeah that makes perfect sense that's how it's supposed to be!" But it was specifically created that way that perfectly, you didn't even realize it was an imitation. (Something like that...)

The Rules page is well written out and I have no problems with it. There is also an FAQ on the bottom which is also to my liking.

The Application:
The application is very neatly set out for the user, with certain choices needing to be filled for each specific rank. But overall it's the standard.



The Private Area:
Layout... extension! That would be the more appropriate term, generally everything is within initial screen load so overall it is nice. I see no link back to the public area of the site however.

Look at that no private pages! Although as it said in the About page, there is details on the jobs on the ship in the forums.

Forums:
There isn't too many forums but each individual forum encompasses a large area so it cuts down on the need for them. Nice descriptions on each of the forums and it overall looks nice. The posts are formatted nicely also, giving the site a distinct flair.

Other:
The Member list, now brace yourself because I think this is actually the first nitpick I have about the site! It's essentially a listing of course of the members but I would have liked to seen perhaps a sort of organization to them. Like divided into the Good, Bad and Neutral or something so it's not "just there."

Member profiles are generally nicely filled out, while there is sometimes a bit of information the scrolling of the page actually works with the theme of the site. It's like reading a work of a scribe or something like that.

Roleplaying:
From what I read on the forums I categorize the roleplaying to be Intermediate to Advanced.

Rating: 9.0 out of 10 Points.

Overall the site was nice, I had nothing really major against the site as a whole. Everything was written and organized out neatly. This sort of site isn't my cup of tea, but if you really like the era of pirates and 18th century things and that culture this will be a great site for you to join. At this point I see no major plot involvement but other than that this is something you have to really look into yourself to get the full feel.


This Site has the Jello Seal of Approval!


Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment