Lachrymose [7.0/10]

|



http://lachrymose.acornrack.com/


Marking the second review upon my return, the site that is next on my list is a Dark, Modern, Fantasy RP lightly based on the video game, Devil May Cry. Now since I have no previous knowledge of the game, I'm effectively eliminating any bias if they've changed or edited things from the game whether it be a positive or negative response.

The AD more or less is just a small blurb of background story, and even though it is quite short, I'm all for the idea of short and sweet ADs. Even though I have no idea of the previous games' stories or whatever there is enough text and information for me to understand what the RP is about which is all you really need in an AD. Furthermore, there is a small trailer posted on youtube as a supplement. Since this review is on the site itself, I will not give any comments on the trailer. Alrighty you better hunters, go track the start of the review for me! Don't shoot it though! Capture it alive because people still need to read it!

First Impression:
I smell a Magical Mew. Magical Mew's layout's are generally built the same way in all the sites I've seen them on and I have no problems with them. If it's not broke, don't fix it! (Edited for proper English, FTW!).

The Content:
The Index page has another little blurb for you to read, and at this point I'd like to point out some that the text is formatted weird so that some words are still together when they should be separated, or there are no spaces after periods.

Backstory - This page obviously has the backstory of the site, and I want to point out that to hitch a ride on a vehicle unannounced is called a "stowaway" not "stole away". The story as a whole is fine but it was a fairly quick jump from 4 years ago to "now" so perhaps a little tidbit to expand on that portion would be nice.

Races - Your basic races information here, given with some background information and some knowledge on what they can do as a force in the world. However this is where I have my first nitpick. The devils portion in the note it says that dragons will be declined solely because of the fact they are not incarnations of a devil or something to that effect. Satan (aka The Devil) has been referred to as a dragon multiple times so in fact a dragon is not a spawn of a devil but more over THE devil.

(Spelling Error: 3rd word, last line in Humans.)

Overview - This page basically states that this is a freeform RP, and there is no preset plot for you to follow. I'm a fan of another method myself, but I find this method generally works fine for a beginning site well.

Rules - Overall fine, I have no problems on how it is written. However I have two problems within the rules. First, You say you allow swearing then say you'd like to not use certain words. It is of my opinion that you can either accept them all or none at all. Just because they are "extremely offensive", is being based on individual perception.

Second, you say to use your powers responsibly because your character are not Gods. So I will now point out my problem. Humans are obviously the weakest in terms of strength on the site, however Sinner Demon's can kill them "relatively easy" and "they (Sinner Demons) are "nothing compared to that of a Devil". While Valkyrie's are not painted in this picture from the rest of the text it seems to me that Devil's are clearly Gods in comparison to Humans and Sinner Demons.

FAQ - Your standard Question and Answer section, so not much to say here besides the fact that I am an advocate of having a Chat of some kind on a site.

Abilities - Unique abilities are fun, and gives another layer of character to a character itself. Not much to say here except this is what my 4 abilities would be (Since 3 minor ones are required for the 1 major).

Major: Silencing (Nullifies Magical powers)
Minor: Physical Strength, Weapon Master, Heightened Reflexes.

Occupations - Self explanitory, words here are oddly spaced as well as in the index however.

Adoptables - Self explanitory also.

The Application:
More or less your standard fare, RP Sample Required but can be from another roleplay.

Forums:
I can't comment on this because I am unable to see the IC forums.

Other:
The Member list is more or less the basic list just separated into user rank (Human, Valkyrie, etc.).

The Member profiles themselves are divded into 3 portions separated by script, and are generally nicely filled out. Some members at this point haven't filled all of the fields in and others seem to have put a few things here and there.

Roleplaying:
Unable to comment on.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10 Points

Overall it looks like a nice site but there is no real genuine feature that seems to draw me in personally. Nihilum has it's event system which I liked but this site to me feels a bit narrow in its target audience (Post-Apoc, DMC Players).

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment