Felix Felicis [9.1/10]

|


http://www.acornrack.com/felix/


Hello my subjects! This is the long awaited review of...Felix Felicis a Harry Potter site! Now don't stop reading on me just yet! I'm sure this site has many things that separate itself from the other ones out there! Quick shout out to @MoonwaterBlu who is a follower of mine on Twitter! Those who are part of my social network have more pull when I decide to be lazy... or not.

Anyway, the AD for this site is short and simple. I think JACFC has a similar concept... or maybe that was another HP site, that basically everything is wiped and you just have the HP universe without the HP part. And as always I love the bullet points, 5 sentences is way too much information for me to process in one sitting... (Joking... mostly...)
Side Note: Can I claim a page for House Points for the Jello Faction?

Now I shall launch you into the review! Expelliarmus! *wave and a woosh and a BOOM!*

First Impression:
That telephone booth reminds me of the Wonka-vator! Anyway the layout looks fine overall and I have no major problems on first glance.

The Public Area:
On the index page is what I'd like to call the "Extended AD Edition" of the site. Basically what most people put on the main AD page is HERE, this is a GOOD thing. As I've probably said numerous times... my attention span is very little unless it is engaging. So if I personally have made it to this point the lore-y information is now filed under "engaging" or "important."

Rules page is overall fine, and I love the separate tabs for house spaces. And believe it or not that's the end for the public area stuff, not too much to take in and so far so good!

The Application:
Knowing what you can and cannot apply for comes first before you get to the actual application, and rats my personal favorites are gone. I was always an Ancient Runes or Potions Prof. I had fun doing the weekly lessons and stuff when I RP'd Harry Potter once upon a time.

Anyway, the application overall looks very good. Again with those lovely tabs! Still good and we're moving into the private area.



The Private Area:
Layout expansion! No major problems, everything is in initial screen load and again... I love these tabs! I don't see any new private pages to look at so we'll have to move on the next section!

Forums:
Gah! No super spiffy tabs for the forums here? =( In any case there are a good amount of forums and descriptions BUT they have the hotlinks which of course is the substitute. Individual post separation looks great as well.

Other:
Member list looks spiffy, everyone has their own little tab. The member profiles are very well done as well, lots of spiff and dish! (I have no idea what I mean there...)

Roleplaying:
From what I read on the forums I categorize the roleplaying on this site to me Intermediate to Advanced.

Rating: 9.1 out of 10 Points

Needless to say this site is very good! The only reason why it isn't any higher is because JACFC is the stopper. JACFC cannot go any higher in score because I cannot see the private area so the 9.2 slot will probably be forever given to JACFC. But anyway, overall this site gets a super high five? (Anyone want to think up a Jello catch phrase action thing?)

This Site has the Jello Seal of Approval!

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

3 comments:

Alwajihah said...

Whatever happened to the Jello Stamp of Approval. Jello Shots? Jello Belly Shots?

The Jello Emperor said...

Fix'd.

Lea said...

:'( Upon reading this review I decided to give Felix Felicis a shot, only to find that they are maxed out on members and so I can't join. Fail. DX

Post a Comment