Riylon [7.9/10]

|



Holy month-of-absence Batman! Yes, after a month of whining about college and school and stuff I AM BACK IN FULL FORCE! ....Okay not FULL force but I've decided that one month is WAAAY too long for me to stop posting so here we are, with a review of Riylon! Riylon is a fantasy, (mostly) freeform RP that promises loads of fun with 20 different races! Yeah I'm a bit rusty, can ya tell?

Anyway, the AD for the site is alright... truth be told I actually directly went to the points that were written out before I actually read the backstory. But when I did read the backstory it was more or less fine and dandy.

Let me put on my sexy leggings and lets grab a few customers, shall we? No? Well lets just get into the review then!

First Impression:
For some reason I feel like playing Dune... While I assume this is stylistic choice, the page is brown and... yeah. I don't have any real problems with the layout on functionality just that so far all I see is brown. Also, the little text there, I assume there trying to portray something deep and profound but isn't that the DEFINITION of darkness? But I digress, lets move on.

The Public Area:
The Races page is particularly impressive, I do have to admit that I didn't read through ALL of them. However, I am confident that if they spent this much time on them they should all be very well detailed.

The Magic page is also very nicely written as well, and now I feel like playing Magic: The Gathering (You hear that Wizards of the Coast, I play the game and you can sponsor me! ... HEY! Don't you be Jellocycling me!) Anyway, the magic page is nice.

Everything else in the public area seems to be peachy keen and I have no problems or anything outstanding to report on. So we move on to the next section!

The Application:
More or less your standard gambit, so no odd snafoo's or flashy shinies to report on. (I think I've reached my limit on odd random words on this article!)



The Private Area:
The Layout is just altered slightly for the c-box on the left hand side but it more or less looks the same! I don't see any new private pages to read and look over but there is a nice little affiliate thing in the lower left hand corner. So overall it's fine.

Forums:
Decent amount of forums with good descriptions for each forum here, I don't really mind the lack of hotlinks here because there isn't too many forums. If there are more to be added though I would suggest adding them in later to help with the navigation.

Other:
The member list is a nice and neat table with the normal things you'd find.

The profiles are nice and simple as well, but nice and neat. Overall they look nice without trying too hard to look flashy.

Roleplaying:
From what I read on the forums I categorize the roleplaying on this site to be intermediate to advanced. Though since this is my review I'm throwing in a few more cents, in that the way some of the posts are formatted makes it difficult to read.

Rating: 7.9 out of 10 Points.

Overall this is a good fantasy based RP I suppose it also have some post-apocalyptic tones and other genres as well if you pick the certain roles in the site. There are some good and detailed things here like the magic and the species that I really liked as well. Anyway like I said, overall good.

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment