New York: Hell's Kitchen [7.0/10]

|



http://www.acornrack.com/NewYorkHK/


This week we take a look on the darker side of things... No I'm not talking about Star Wars and The Force! This RP is a city RP with gangs, the mafia and other things that go bump in the night. The site I shall be reviewing is called New York: Hell's Kitchen , obviously set in New York!

The AD for the site is short and sweet and for some reason I think about Yu-Gi-OH! I'll play my cards right though and just stick to the AD for now, as I said though the AD covers the basics of the site and I have no real problems with it.

Anyway, grab your frying pan and cooking utensils and LEARN TO MAKE SPAGHETTI TO ORDER AND SOME -bleep-ING RISOTTO! ...Ahh wait, wrong Hell's Kitchen... but feel free learn how to make risotto and send it to me anyway.

(40 Minutes Later with a Hell's Kitchen Episode watched...)

First Impression:
Where the heck is Gordon Ramsay!?! *cough* I mean, Yay for Statue of Liberty! I have no major problems with the layout, the monochrome is a bit dull, but I understand the reasons for it with the site setting being a dark city RP. So again, no major problems.

The Content:
The main page has a small blurb about the site, this is different than the AD but has the same feel. No problems.

The Rules page, everything is explained nicely enough. I have no problems with this page... though I did have to google what a "scene kid" was...

The Gangs page, will have all the information for the different gangs on the site. I say "will" because at this time there either are no gangs or it hasn't been updated into that page yet.

The Adoptables page is self-explanitory, however I'm not a fan of the smaller text overlapping the large ones. And, I want Frodo as my accountant. >_>

FAQ page is also self-explanitory. No fun comments from me though. Post-scripts ARE ALLOWED.


The Application:
The application is standard fare, ROLEPLAY SAMPLE REQUIRED. Took me a second to figure out that NYFD was the Fire Department in the affiliations portion.

Forums:
Good amount of forums and descriptions here, and they use hotlinks for easier navigation. I have no major problems about the forums. (I think that may be the first time I've said that...)

Other:
The memberlist has little target cursors over the avatars of the individuals of the site which I thought was neat.

The profiles pop out into a separate page which is nice since it doesn't give the restrictions of the site layout. The profiles themselves are generally filled out nicely, and I also like that most of the member that I saw used "heterosexual" instead of "straight". One of my weird quirks I guess at work here...

Roleplaying:
From what I read on the forums I categorize the roleplaying on this site to be Intermediate. Some of the posts are formatted oddly in my opinion, so sometimes the reading was difficult.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10 Points.

Overall the site was okay, nothing as a whole struck to me as original or anything so that's the reason for the rating. The site is executed fine and I have no real problems.


Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment