Devil's Pass [6.0/10]

|

http://www.acornrack.com/dp/

The next site to come under my inspection is called Devil's Pass, a RP set in the wild west. A time and place were vigilante's and outlaws scurried across the plains... only to be smacked in the head by a tomahawk.

The AD for the site obviously states the setting and is also a tribute to a site on AG2 called Duke's Crossing.

First Impression:
Looks to be promising. The colors give the wild west feel in a sense, and I also like now the news page is also present here in the public layout. Again I'm a fan where the public layout is the same as the private layout to ease confusion on the member.

The Public Area:
The Setting, this is where I have my first little nitpick. They give you a set of links to wikipedia articles, I'd like to see the staff take the time to summarize those articles and place it in the setting page. The same goes for the fashion links, they could make a separate page or a new paragraph summarizing this.

The Ranks, nothing major to note here just simply that about halfway down the page instead of the names just being bold everything is bold.

The Rules, generally fine however I have a nitpick on rule 4. We're in a western theme here yet you use the phrase "army of ninjas". Stick to the setting of the RP at least and say a group of Native Americans or something.

After Applying page current has no content.

The Application:
Your normal everyday application. Perhaps I'd like a portion to place a "West Style" nickname like "Pit Bull Pete" or something.

The Private Area:
Generally the same layout, however there is a few things I will nitpick at. First, at first I thought the link back to the Index didn't exist but then later on realized it was moved so my suggestion would be to move it to the top. There is a ShoutBox (Not a Cbox!) and other then that, everything is the same. I would have liked the "Online" list under the Navigation section as it was in the Public Layout to make it them look more alike.

Forums:
Good amount of forums with decent descriptions, however even though the headers for each section are defined I'd like more separation so it doesn't look like one giant block. Also I'd suggest hotlinks to the sections as well to make it easier on the user so they don't have to scroll down to each section.

Other:
Members list is generally the list of the basic information, along with the users avatar.

Member's profiles are filled out nicely, with a good amount of information. Some have pictures for their character while others don't and some images are broken which should be looked at by the user. If it's a coding problem then it's something the admin should look at.

Roleplaying:
There are only a few posts for me to base this off of so I cannot give an accurate summation.

Rating: 6.0 out of 10 Points.

The actual setting of the RP and the Wild West theme brings this site over the average edge. With the fixing of the little things and addition of the info on that one page, this site earns the solid rating of 6.

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment