Naruto: Shattered Pieces [8.5/10]

|

http://www.acornrack.com/nsp/

The next site on the list is a Naruto based RP called, Naruto: Shattered Pieces. This is obviously based off the hit Anime, Naruto.

The AD is rather oddly formatted in my opinion, everything being left oriented, but overall the plot seems to be that in the distant future from the current Naruto timeline. Evil is rising again and it's your job to stop it, or encourage it.

(Note: Even though they have their contacts listed apparently just randomly adding them will still warrant a good cbox conversation.)

Onwards to the review!

First Impression:
One-eyed, Many Horned, Green Tentacle People Eater. The layout is nice and compact and the drop down menus are nice.

The Public Area:
So I've read the AD and the front page at this point and I'm having a bit of trouble connecting the two. The AD talks about how Akatsuki and Akusuna are coming back into power and the uneasiness over it and then the front page changes to a giant climate shift.

(Bijuu's cause global warming, I KNEW IT!)

The Rules page, Oh well this wont take too long there are 3 rules... I mean 3.0! (That's 30 for all you people who didn't understand the significant figures reference there) Most of them more or less make sense but, Rule 2.0, "No run-on sentences", is something that should be common sense. Also I'd like to see the rules organized into section like: General, Posting and Application rules or something like that.

(Spelling/Grammar Errors: 0.8 - Oinin is not capatilized while the others are. )

The Storyline, This is what I was expecting coming from the AD... but now I'm wondering what is happening with global warming and all sand and such.

Bijuu, on Rokubi I would suggest reordering "fire creating by lightning, lightning, and thunder" so it easier to read abit. I had thought you said lightning twice before I read it again.

Adoptables, For the Akusuna/Akatsuki you have 2 positions open but 3 Bijuu of the 4 which were available for them.

The Application:
Application guidelines! I was scared for a moment those were more rules. The collapsable applicaitons I like and there is a newer application created to "decrease application time" by combining History, Personality and Appearance in one box. Either way I look at it you're going to spend the same amount of time on those 3 areas because they're still there, it's a good illusion though I suppose.

(Note: NO RP SAMPLE! I don't particularly like RP samples, so seeing a site that doesn't require it is always nice.)

The Private Area:
Layout change! And Kyuubi is watching you from behind the Cbox! I don't have any particular problems with the layout though the right column seems a bit squeezed.

Akatsuki/Akusuna page, generally have the same info on how to join and the requirements and all that good stuff.

Clans page, give you all those nice little details about them and all their nifty things including who the member are. I like this quite a bit. Would have liked it centered on the page though.

Bingo Book, this is also a nice thing. However with this innovation with the profiles I would have like to see you able to turn individual pages for each profile. To make it feel more "book" like. I would have personally loved a cheesy title page on the book for laughs.

Jutsu, overall fine. Again as was with the Clans portion I would have liked it centered.

Timelines, again another feature that I particularly like. Shows who graduated when and important events on the site in plot details as well and member accomplishments.

Honourifics, information on the use of certain suffixes in the Japanese language. For those that choose to use them should use the right, after all.

Forums:
There is quite a bit of forums on here and nice descriptions for all of them. Though again I have a few things. Hotlinks are there to help with navigation however I would have like to see them separate each section more, the headers have a different background but are otherwise no different.

Other:
Memberlist is nice and divided by village and in a table. I would like to point out that in all the "Kage" positions it's not capatalized. "Konoha kage" as opposed to "Konoha Kage". Member profiles are filled out nicely although whatever else was on that page (I assumed music) didn't work for me.

Roleplaying:
From what I read on the site I categorize the RP level on the site to be Intermediate. However I was fortunate to come across an RP where they actually drew out what was happening.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10 Points.

Overall I didn't have much to complain about the site, everything was nice and thoroughly and THOROUGHLY ... explained. There was alot of text but it was nicely organized. Innovative use of separate forums was also nice to see to get around the page limit of a non-paid site.The plot seemed to lack some originality for me but Naruto is fairly confined on what you can do with it. Again, very nice site overall but I'm still confused on the whole global warming, Bijuu... thing.

This Site has the Jello Seal of Approval!

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment