Wolves Fly [2.0/10]

|



http://www.acornrack.com/wolvesfly/

I've decided to give you a three-fer for today, so here is the third site I'm reviewing today: Wolves Fly! This is I assume a wolf RP and according to the AD it's a Fantasy Wolf RP. (I suppose wolves with wings would be...) Anyway, the AD itself give you some plot for the site and contact information, so onto the actual review!

First Impression:
Alright now to review this... Wolf site? The main picture of the site looks like a dog to me... so is this a wolf site or a dog site? That was my initial reaction, the layout itself is not really a layout just the AR basic thing they give you with some color changes. As for the colors themselves, I don't really like them. The stars background I can deal with, but the black text on a dark blue background doesn't work, and the moon cursor fits with the background but in my opinion is unnecessary.

The Public Area:
The Packs page, is more or less just text describing the packs. I note that there are a few spelling errors on the page.

The Herb page, is a giant text wall listing off herbs. There is no table or attempt to make it organized except for the bolding of the herb names.

The Main Plot page, same as the AD... well almost. While the AD has no spelling mistakes that I saw, the one on the site DOES. Normally it's the other way around since you do it on the site, complete it and then make the AD after everything is finished.

The Application:
While this part of the site doesn't have anything special for the application this actually is probably where I have the most comments at this point. It says at the top that people are not required to fill in all the blank in the application. However... there are 5 or 6 blanks in total and these should all be filled in because of the lack of actual fields to fill.

Also, there is a spot for your rank and this I think actually doesn't need to be there. As far as I see there can be three ranks (At the time of this review) with my limited experience with Wolf RPs. They are: Pack Leader, Pack Member, and Rogue. This can all be settled after they have joined and commited to the site.

The Private Area:
Things are moving.... the text I mean, and it's not exactly my cup of tea. I'd rather have them stationary, but I suppose the site needs some kind of flair. At a quick glance I have no idea what half the links go to and only by looking at the URL did I know that where these links go to. Also there is a clear spelling error in a link... The opening news portion also helped me find the key to unlock one of the question I had, it tells you first off that head to OOC talk for some other rules. So I skipped over to there and what did I find? The Ranks! This is where they are, instead of being put on a general starting wolf info page it's in the forums.

And there are no other information pages so that means we move on to the next section.

Forums:
The forums are a giant wall, at least there is clear indication of where the section start with the green header but other than that its full on text from there without hotlinks to the subsections. There are decent descriptions for the forums and other than that it's the same as AR basic things.

Other:
Member profiles aren't exactly filled out to well, and those that do fill it out it's a few sentences at most. Mostly pictures. Some of the other things on the site I don't particularly understand, such as the moon... chart thing. Maybe it's essential to the RP for something but I didn't read anything about it.

Roleplaying:
The roleplaying on this site I categorize as Beginner from what I read. RPing is done in the 3rd person.

Rating: 2.0 out of 10 Points.

Initially I was going to give this site a 3 out of 10, then something had dawned on me. There is no rules page for this site! You can have free for all anarchy here and it would techincally be within the rules. That and also spelling mistakes on the site while the AD was free of them as well as a site that generally appears to be not done.

Reviewed by: The Jello Emperor

0 comments:

Post a Comment